Posted by Jim + Ravyn Stadick on
Happy Friday everyone. We totally left you hanging last week without a Friday Five, but maybe this one will redeem us. Maybe? As September is wrapping up, we are entering our busiest season, which means we’ll have lots of fun images for you soon. Hope you all have a wonderful weekend … For now, enjoy our Friday Five.
- Birthdays: I mean, duh, who doesn’t love their birthday? I just wanted to use this opportunity to thank everyone who wished me a happy day. So far, 25 is a good year! J and I got to spend my whole birthday together, and then we went to dinner with our parents and siblings … It was a really great night, and I’m so grateful for the amazing people in our lives! Plus, J made me breakfast (vegetarian biscuits and gravy & fried potatoes, mmmmm).
- The Town: We took advantage of AMC’s $5 movie deal this week, and went to see The Town. I loved everything about this movie. If you don’t think Ben Affleck could be taken as a serious actor before, this movie will change your mind. Not only was he an amazing actor, he directed the movie, too. Jon Hamm plays an FBI agent who channels that Don Draper swagger that I love so much, and Rebecca Hall played such a believable role with so much intensity. Basically, this movie was awesome, and you should probably go see it!
- Thursday night TV: Last night was the night we’ve been waiting for! All of our favorite NBC shows premiered. ‘The Office’ had us in tears within the first 45 seconds, and ‘30 Rock’ was amazing (that show has the best writers). *Tangent: We tried giving ‘Outsourced’ a try, but besides playing on so many stereotypes (can you say insulting?) and not being funny, it was just stupid.* After our NBC shows, we tuned into ‘It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia’ and ‘The League’ on FX. Have you seen these shows? Oh my goodness!! These shows make us laugh out loud like none other, and they are the most awkwardly hilarious shows on TV.
- Parachute: If you’ve followed our blog for some time, you might know already how much we love Ingrid Michaelson. Her music makes my heart sing … I mean, I’ve never been able to listen to an artist without getting tired of them … but every time I hear an Ingrid song, I hear a new lyric and appreciate it even more. She released her new song, “Parachute”, last week and we downloaded it form iTunes right away. She actually wrote this song a while ago for another artist, but decided that she wanted to release it herself. I love the message, I love the sound, I just love the song. Plus, it reminds me of when J and I went to see her play at the Vogue earlier this summer.
- TOMS Shoes: After months and months of coveting a pair of TOMS Shoes, I am now the proud owner of my very first pair. I first heard about TOMS on a TV commercial for a certain cell phone carrier. At first, I thought it was just a fake company for the sake of making a touching commercial. Their message is simple: One for One. When you buy a pair of shoes, they will donate a pair of shoes to a person who needs them. I received a pair of TOMS Shoes for my birthday last week, and I love them. They are so comfortable, and pretty cute, too.